Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:57:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Michael Dillon <michael@memra.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: News...

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Sorry, you lose. I know from experience :-( Customers have left
> webspan (the ISP I currently work for) because I had troubles with
> hard drive reliability in the early days and they went elsewhere to
> get their porn. And they were porn suckers, believe me. ALL the people
> who phoned to complain about the server being down, when cornered by
> tech. support, admitted that they were after a.b.p.e, even one who
> started out saying ``When is the news server gonna be back, my
> business depends on it!''. He never posted a thing, he just read.

Some ISP's would be glad to lose this sort of customer because they are
usually also the kind that suck up tech support resources, are late paying
bills and complain about your service to their friends.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael@memra.com