Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 1995 19:43:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        spaz@u.washington.edu (John Utz)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: ld.so trauma on the march 22 snap please assist!

As John Utz wrote:

> g++ -o blackj -g -O2 cards.o debug.o main.o io.o play-hand.o
> mira# ./blackj
> ld.so failed

Huh, i thought someone (Michael Reifenberger?) solved our dynamic
linkage-related C++ troubles...

> 	This is the example program that we are supposed to be able to compile
> without difficulty using g++.

It's not your program.  Even a simple ``Hello, world''-style C++ program
now fails. :-(

> 	any suggestions would be vastly appreciated!!

Until the problems are solved, link your program statically.  (i.e.,
add ``-static'' to the CCFLAGS)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/