Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:43:16 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org, rwatson@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: audit problems

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 07:48:55PM +0300, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I'm experiencing some problems configuring audit on 6.2-RELEASE system.
> It doesn't seem to log anything except login messages. The only thing
> I've modified in config is the root user specification in audit_users.
> Now it looks like this:
> root:lo,ex,fw,fc:no
>=20
> However nor ex, non fw or fc messages doesn't get into the log.
> Furthermore, deleting lo from audit_users and audit_control doesn't stop
> login messages logging.
>=20
> Is it possible that some other kernel options interfere with AUDIT
> (e.g. MAC)?
>=20

Are you running something else then FreeBSD/i386?  If yes, the necessary
changes to the machine dependent trap.c weren't merged.  This was only
noticed one or two weeks ago and the necessary changes are in RELENG_6.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q--