Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 06:52:46 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
Cc:        mwlucas@exceptionet.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, torstenb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: merit radius detail files?

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 04:44:54PM -0400, William Bulley wrote:

> I believe our new basic copyright wording may be prohibiting the
> FreeBSD "port god" from updating the port.  I could be wrong (I'm
> not a lawyer, thank God!) and interested parties may view the basic
> copyright at:
>
>    http://www.merit.edu/aaa/basic.copyright (which is a text file)

Well, you only want to know, who is using your software and if people
make modifications, you don't want modifications of your server flying
around (as it happened with my apsfilter, which has about 3
reincarnations - SuSE team, Debian team, LPRng team) ;-)

We have a LEGAL file where we can add these restrictions ... We could
even prohibit this software appearing on CD-Rom, but that's not content
of your copyright.

--
Andreas Klemm                                http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
     What gives you 90% more speed, for example, in kernel compilation ?