Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2001 17:55:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        Donald Burr of Borg <dburr@borg-cube.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems Building PicoBSD Bridge disk: crunch.mk not found

Hi,
the problems you are having are because the apps configured
there (ssh&friends, and "more") have not yet been committed to
the ports tree, mostly because of my lazynessand partly because
this extended code-freeze period preceding 4.3 (and i guess
related to the switch from BSDi to WindRiver) does not
really encourage me to push for committing a whole new
category to the port tree, and modify crunchgen.

Anyways you can find the relevant code at
http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/picobsd/

you have to expand the two ports in /usr/ports/picobsd and
manually do a make for them before trying to compile
the tree.

This said:

> Ethernet<-->WaveLAN bridge (basically, the poor man's WaveLAN Access
> Point) using an old 486 with a ISA->PCMCIA adapter and a WaveLAN PCMCIA
> card.

apparently you cannot build a bridge, only a router, and i have
also heard that there might be problems with some ISA->PCMCIA
adapters which might not be well supported in -stable. If the
above is not true, i'd love to know which one is supported.

Finally: i don't know if what you want to build makes sense.
The home base station (RG100, which is the same as the Apple Airport
for what matters) is not very expensive, i bought the RG100 for
some $280 compared to the $160 that you need for the wavelan
PCMCIA card, and another 60-70$ for the ISA->PCMCIA adapter.

So i do not see where is the saving, unless you happen to have
already most of the hardware. Also consider that the base station
has a built-in modem, can do NAT and dial-on-demand, is small and
it does not have a noisy fan as most PCs.

	cheers
	luigi