Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2023 16:04:18 +0200
From:      "Dr. Amr Osman" <dr3mro@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Resume from suspend takes long time than needed

I noticed That my Thinkpad X270 (intel GPU) with FreeBSD 14.0-p3 has
some delay about 6-8 seconds when it resumes from suspend, I tried to
debug it and disabled TPM,Bluetooth, and every other combination.
Then I  tried to test it with linux, and to my surprise it took
literally less than 1 second to resume
I have a theory that its due to drm-kmod , as the screen if lit up and
frozen where input from keyboard is appearing as after a while
lets say I did resume and pressed the letter K every second I will get
on screen 4 Ks out of 10 but they appear at once on the press of 10th
that means the input was not working and the screen did not show input
after it was pressed
any idea how to get around this issue?

Thank You
Dr. Amr Osman