Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2023 19:47:47 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   autofs -hosts maps

Hi,

The discussion about NFS exports of ZFS snapshots prompted me to play
around with -hosts maps on my network. -hosts maps are mounted on /net.

I've discovered that -hosts maps don't work with most shares but do with
others. I've only played with this for a few minutes so I don't fully
understand why some maps work and others not. Some of underlying
directories that don't work are ZFS while others are UFS.

Yet, auto_home maps mounting the same directories does work. And mounting
the shares by hand (using mount_nfs) also works.

Just putting this out there should someone else have noticed this.

I'll play around with this a little over the weekend.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>

			e^(i*pi)+1=0