Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:27:23 +1000
From:      paul van den bergen <pvandenbergen@swin.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   VIA EPIA and FreeBSD 4.8

Hi all.

<mode=3Dsheepish>

I found the problem.
I had a faulty version of (both) the disk 1 and disk 2 iso's. this must h=
ave=20
occured during ftp'ing the isos from the local site and I didn't bother=20
checking the MD5s - it has been so long since I have had a faulty ftp=20
download.... anyhoo, I will now be using an automatic checksum checking f=
tp=20
program recommended by a friend.

all this was made far less identifyable by also having an intermittently=20
faulty RAM chip on one of the 4 boards.... the board I chose to start on=20
first.

anyhoo, you live and learn and relearn and relearn and forget and relearn=
=20
again....

--=20
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
caia.swin.edu.au
pvandenbergen@swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones=20
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.=20
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824=20