Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 96 20:33 MET
From:      martini@heaven7.snafu.de
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/928: PGP port will not build cleanly

>Number:         928
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       PGP port will not build cleanly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
  (  )__    | martini@heaven7.snafu.de, Fon: +4930-3753479, Fax: +4930-3753699
 (      )_  |-----------------------------------------------------------------
(_________) | All that we see or seem/is but a dream within a dream. -- E.A.P.

<PGP public key is available on request or from any self-respecting key server>
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE i386
>Environment:
	I presume the only relevant information here is that I'm outside of the US.

	I just tried to build the international version of PGP from the ports
	directory. I met with several problems:

	(1)	The checksum was incorrect. Swallowing hard, I cheated by replacing
		the checksum file with the current checksum *gulp*.

	(2)	The patch (it's only one hunk) wouldn't patch. Aha, the change is
		already in there! (Maybe that's where the checksum mismatch comes
		from.) I cheated by faking a .patch_done file in the work
		directory.

	(3)	Now everything builds, but pgp won't run! It says it is a temporary
		development version that has already expired. :-( I fixed that by
		swallowing even harder and changing the first line in pgp.c from
		#define to #undef, but that is of course not actually a very good
		idea.

>How-To-Repeat:
	See above.

>Fix:
	Maybe one could use the latest released version rather than a development
	interim version?

	In any case, keep up the good work!