Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:40:28 -0700
From:      Andrew Matheson <drakFB@drak.com>
To:        "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Help host resolution mixup.

Peter,
I had a similar problem with one of my domains a number of months ago.  It turned out that network solutions was providing old information about my name servers that they retrieved from a global database.  I hadn't updated the IP addresses associated with the name servers with the new ISP since it wasn't on their domain transfer form--I assumed they would do a forward lookup to resolve the names.  I was wrong.  The new ISP defaulted to using the old network solutions data rather than a forward lookup of the names I entered.  It took quite some time and a long call to network solutions to figure out that this is what was going on.  You might double check with your new registrar and see if there's a form you haven't filled out yet to set the IP addresses associated with your name servers.  Now, if only I could remember the URL to the page that allowed querying of the global name server database...

Good Luck,
Andrew Matheson