Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:07:41 +0200
From:      Marco Trentini <mark@remotelab.org>
To:        Teilhard Knight <teilhk@softhome.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD_Newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About KDE (X-Windows, in fact)

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 02:10:35AM -0600, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> I posted about my problem in the questions group, but I only got replies
> from one person, and although helpful, it didn't solve my problem.
>
> It's about my Leadtek WinFast GeForce3 graphics card with NVIDIA chipset. It
> was working all right (for simple tasks, I didn't try games or something
> complicated) with the driver "nv". I decided to install the NVIDIA driver
> for FreeBSD, and now I am getting the error message: "NVIDIA: Chipset
> "GeForce3 in Device section card0 isn't valid for this driver." I cannot

Try removing (if there is it) the line Chipset in your device
section (XF86Config).

Read also these documents:

/usr/X11R6/share/doc/NVIDIA/README
/usr/X11R6/share/doc/NVIDIA/README.Linux
/usr/X11R6/share/doc/NVIDIA/XF86Config.sample

And check /var/log/XFree86.0.log

P.S. This is not a tecnical list ... the right place for your
question should be freebsd-x11@freebsd.org

--
Marco Trentini                mark@remotelab.org
http://www.remotelab.org/