Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:09:31 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   jerky mouse, revisited

I posted a question awhile back about my mouse being rather jerky in X.
The responses
said to disable the mouse in rc.conf, which I have done, using sysinstall.
My rc.conf now
shows mouse_enable=NO and mouse_type=NO and the previous lines about the
mouse
have all been commented out. I have the mouse set up in
/etc/X11/XF86Config as mouse0
and device /dev/psm0. The mouse is still too jerky to do much of anything
and I am setting
up a scanner to do some graphics work, but can't with the mouse like this.
Any more suggestions?

--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 9? Somebody help me!)