Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:00:11 -0500
From:      "Kevin Turner" <kevin@freedomhosting.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE ps: bad namelist

Hello, I am running a fairly new system, with FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE, ive
updated my sources and made world, installed a new kernel and all that fun
stuff recently.

However, I continue to get this error:

ps: bad namelist
and
w: bad namelist
uptime: bad namelist

I've done some searching on the web and some message boards, etc, and have
gathered that this is due to the system being out of synch with the kernel
or something along those lines. I've carefully gone over everything several
times, and cannot find the problem.
The only way I can fix it is by doing an sh MAKEDEV all in /dev
When I wake up the next morning and try it, the problem is back.
Can anyone give me some suggestions? This has been frustrating me for quite
some time.

Regards,
Kevin Turner
Freedom Hosting, Inc.