Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:49:50 +0900
From:      "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@postech.edu>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PC doesn't boot after install

Hi,

I'm fairly new to FreeBSD, but quite familiar with Linux.

I have an old Pentium-I 120 MHz PC, 1.5 Gb HD, which is running Mandrake
Linux 7.2 just fine.
I wanted to replace the OS by FreeBSD, as my first FreeBSD experience.

Installation itself via ftp goes smooth. In fdisk I dedicated the whole HD to
FreeBSD, without being compatible with other OS. Then an Auto-partitioning of
the single FreeBSD slice.

Installed everything, went smoothly through the post-install settings and exited
the Installation procedure.

When the PC reboots, it just stops after the BIOS.
Nothing happens, no complains, nothing. Just stops.

I tried reinstalling with other fdisk options, such as partitioning with a bootloader.
To no avail.

Any idea what could be the problem here?

Thanks,
Rob.