Date:      Tue, 08 May 2001 10:42:53 -0400
From:      "~/.signature" <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kg@dccnet.com>
Cc:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>, dochawk@psu.edu, Web Razter <webrazter@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.2

kevin klarified

> > HOWEVER, the FreeBSD port is looking for a file by the name of
> > "so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin". This doesn't appear to be an RPM. I'm
> > looking all over my StarOffice CD, and I found the above file, but I can
> > find no RPM files.

> That's right.  You have to registera and download the installable from Sun if
> you do not have the copy of it on CD, and place it in /usr/ports/distfiles.

oops; thaqt was realplayer that used the rpm; staroffice wants the
.bin. You used to have to download it separately, but I believe that
the ports collection fetched it for me last week.

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail