Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 19:10:03 +01:0
From:      "Richard Gresek" <rg@gds.de>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   remote printers

I have tried to configure printers on our host for remote printig.

ns.gds.de (194.77.222.14) ist the printer-host
bfp2.bfp.de is the local machine that should use the network-printer

The printcaps of both of them are appended at the end of this mail.

Spooling on the local machine works fine but the print job is never
sent to the printer host. I alway get messages like
'bfp2.bfp.de: waiting for queue to be enabled on ns.gds.de'
or
'ns.gds.de: lpd: Your host does not have line printer access.'

Printing and spooling on ns.gds.de works.

Have I to tell the host which other hosts are allowed to use the
printer? Or what else is wrong here?

Thanks in advance
Richard

# printcap on bfp2.bfp.de

rmlp|lj4p|HP LeserJet 4P:\
	:sh:sd=/var/spool/lpdrm:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
	:lp=:sf:rm=ns.gds.de:rp=lp:
# printcap on ns.gds.de

lp|lj4p|HP LeserJet 4P:\
	:sh:sd=/usr/spool/lpd/lj4p:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
	:lp=/dev/lpt0:sf:

GRESEK DATA SYSTEMS
Hauptstrasse 2
D-56271 Kleinmaischeid