Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:32:10 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: changed to: Frac T3?

>> >Hi Dennis,
>> >
>> >I am guessing that your "32Mbs" would be a 16Mbps frac T3 line,
>> >bidirectional?
>>
>> No, I mean 32Mbs full duplex, which is about 3/4 T3.
>
>Hmmmm :-)
>
>I was confused by why you mentioned 86Mbps above, then.

What I was saying was that I dont thing unix can route a steady
86Mbs data stream, so a full T3 on a unix box may very well be
overkill.

>Cool, do it :-)  The harder you push, the more likely it is someone will
>take up the challenge of how to route more quickly.

Gee...what I was hoping to get is what people need.....is there a substantial
fractional T3 requirement? or does everyone need/want full T3? Would anyone
buy a 32Mbs card, or is it a waste if it doesnt to full t3? It seems that
there should
be a market for relatively low-speed fiber....increasing the clock rate as
you need
bandwidth. 20 T1s is a lot of bandwidth.

Dennis