Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:54:29 +0200
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Build error "am_ET.UTF-8.out: Inappropriate ioctl for device""

--i9ck9l8+8M5KOjzp

Hi,

* Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl> wrote:
> =3D=3D=3D> share/mklocale (all)
> mklocale -o UTF-8.out /usr/src/share/mklocale/UTF-8.src
> mklocale -o am_ET.UTF-8.out /usr/src/share/mklocale/am_ET.UTF-8.src
> am_ET.UTF-8.out: Inappropriate ioctl for device

It turned out this is because mklocale calls fwrite() with size =3D 0,
which will as of recently always cause fwrite() to return 0. I just
fixed this in SVN.

I discussed this with re@ and for now I'm going to leave fwrite() the
way it is. Other operating systems already have this behaviour, so it is
very unlikely to cause (major) regressions, especially in third party
sources. If other problems arise, I will obviously revert the change and
reintegrate it after we've branched RELENG_8.

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/

--i9ck9l8+8M5KOjzp