Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 08:21:34 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        lars.falch@dbergstrom.dk
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AWE64 PnP

In a previous message, lars.falch@dbergstrom.dk said:
> Hi there,
>
> I know that this is a bit far out, but is there any way I can
> get my SB AWE64 Plug'n'Pray to run with FreeBSD? It runs
> perfect with Windows95 and uses the SB16 PnP drivers with OS/2.
>
> I've tried using the standard SB drivers, which I used for my
> old SB16 (standard), but they couldn't detect it, probably
> because of the PnP.
>
> I have more or less accepted that I can't use it, but it would
> be nice to be able to play mp3 files in FBSD ;-)

If you are using version 2.2 or greater you might try OSS from
www.4front-tech.com. You can try it out for free for 5 days, and
then it only costs $20.

I don't know if the old Voxware drive will do it.

Paul.

--
Don't tell my Mother I'm a programmer,
she thinks I'm a piano player in a brothel  - Liam Greenwood