Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:14:44 +0000
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make find(1) standalone - commit candidate

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Mark Murray wrote:
>
> > > On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 markm@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, except there are now (surprisingly, only) 3 clones of getdate.y
> > > (the others are in tar and cvs), and the yacc stuff in the Makefile
> > > is as bogus as before.
> >
> > Would it make sense to put getdate.y into some library (libutil?)
>
> It seemsto be reasonably suitable for putting in a library despite its
> support for compile-time configuration.  I don't like putting miscellaneous
> things in libutil.

That was a loaded question :-).

There is a load of password-related crap pw_*.c that is crying out to
be shoved into a library. I have sorta decided that libutil may be it.

get_date() seems to be another candidate. I belive that $#|+loads of
other programs doing "private" date parsing can also use this.

o       Mark Murray
\_
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn