Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 17:35:07 -0600
From:      "Jacob Suter" <jsuter@intrastar.net>
To:        "Joe Greco" <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        <jdd@vbc.net>, <ulf@lamb.net>, <dror@dnai.com>, <isp@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Router Purchase - the bottom line

> If you get the ADZ variant of the Am5x86 (as opposed to the ADW),
you
> will find out that not only do you not need a fan, but you also
don't
> need a heat sink.

I am running the ADZ here on the servers.  I overclock them to 40mhz,
running them at 160 MHz instead of 133 MHz.

Eats a P100 in most tests, but requires the systems to have heat
sink/fans.  they get too hot for my liking without the fan (just the
heat sink) even at 133.

Even at 160 tho, they are rock stable, run cool (with a good
fan/heatsink), and SPEEDS...

> I put a heat sink on anyways but it does not need it.  I just like
> be safe.

Yeah.  I'm one of those "the cooler the better" people.  heat grease,
fast fans and big heat sinks are my friends :)

JS