Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 13:24:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        plm@xs4all.nl, ponds!FreeBSD.org!freebsd-questions
Subject:   Re: Best way to fetch/post via NNTP?

> In ports/news there are some NNTP transfer programs, such as slurp or
> suck.
>
> I use cnews locally and want to fetch the newsgroups using one of
> these programs from my news server. Which of these programs is
> recommended?
>
> --
> Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |  Trust is a good quality
> plm@xs4all.nl   |  the Netherlands    |  for other people to have

 I use slurp...

 However, I've found that since the news moving through is not
compressed; it can take much longer to move the equivalent amount
of news when compared to compressed UUCP batches.

 An interesting alternative would be UUCP over TCP/IP; it might
be a more productive use of bandwidth...

	- Dave R. -