Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:39:17 -0700
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@checker.org>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Latest currents 'hang' on biord? [ Appears only on my system? :(  ]

>> Any current's more recent than about a month ago on my main system seem to
>> 'hang' on biord whenever they access the IDE drives...

> My test / compile box : Pentium III 450 MHZ with 8 gig ide disk drive
> does not hang at all . FreeBSD-current is about a week old.

Same here; K6-233 with 2 4 gig IDE drives, no problems at all.
I'm even using vinum.

Since you're running current, you might try Soren's new ATA driver,
its documented in LINT; I've been using it for several months with
no problems.  fwiw I booted the install disk today, it has the old wd
driver, and that accessed my drives fine as well.
--
we are but packets in the internet of life