Date:      Wed, 5 Oct 2005 07:40:22 GMT
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/86261: 'out of buffer space' after many PPPoE re-dial attempts, connectivity lost

The following reply was made to PR kern/86261; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:32:46 +0400

   Attach this to Audit-Trail.

 ----- Forwarded message from Bob Frazier <bobf@mrp3.com> -----

 >   next time this happends, please check the following things:

 It happened again today

 > 1) Does restart ppp(8) helps? To check this you will need to:
 >
 >    /etc/rc.d/ppp-user stop
 >    [check that no ppp process is present]

 in my case it was still running.  I did a 'kill ###' on it, which ended it.

 >    /etc/rc.d/ppp-user start

 This made the problem go away!  Only /dev/tun0 was present, so the tun
 device was properly deleted when I killed the process, FYI.

 So it looks like it's client-side ppp doing it.

 ----- End forwarded message -----