Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 1995 15:40:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sherman F Mui <smui@sparta.sjsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: floppy tape backup, how?

On Mon, 2 Jan 1995, Sherman F Mui wrote:

> I guess I'm supposed to use dump to do these backups, but shouldn't this
> thing work anyway?

Hi, me again (yay),

I tried dump, it paniced again:

dump 0usfd 400 /dev/ft0 43690 /dev/sd0a

And it locks up all of my input devices (mouse & keyboard), I didn't notice
that before.

I thought maybe something wasn't right with the tape drive. So I tried
out the software it came with in windoze, and it verified that it was a
QIC-80 format and did a test write to my tape.

Also, whenever I put in the tape for the first time, it does something (i
can hear the tape). But I guess that's just the hardware doing that by
itself.

	Sherman