Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 19:38:20 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxp0 and full duplex

At 04:36 PM 10/31/97 -0800, David Greenman wrote:

>>>   If it is connected to a switch that does NWAY negotiation, then it will
>>>automatically set full-duplex. Otherwise, use:
>>>
>>>ifconfig fxp0 media 100basetx mediaopt full-duplex
>>
>>Is there any way to tell after the fact if the card is in full duplex
>>mode ?
>
>   No, but trust me. :-)
>   Seriously, there really should be a way to sense the mode when it is in
>"autoselect" so that it can be displayed with ifconfig.

Wow!  Thanks for the quick response... I have a feeling the card is in half
duplex since I am getting a steady stream of collisions (.4%) ... Its
connected to a Cisco 4700 FastE port via cross over cable taking a 5Mbit
ATM feed.  I would have thought the collisions would almost be nonexistant....

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *