Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 1998 12:26:34 +0000
From:      "xcene/dance" <xcene@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   No handbook / FAQ in FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE ?

Hi!
I just acquired the FreeBSD 2.2.5 November 1997 4cd release from Walnut Creek
CDROM, and installed on my PC.

My problem is that I cannot be able to find the handbook or FAQ at all.
The default /etc/motd tells me to look in /usr/share/doc/handbook but there's
no such directory. I've tried reinstalling the DOC and INFO dists, but still no
handbook available.

Using /stand/sysinstall, i tried selecting "HTML handbook" or
what's-it's-called, and the sysinstall tried to install lynx 2.7.1 but couldn't
find it on the CD-ROM. After a while I figured the package filename was
lynx-2.7.1-ag0.71 or something, so I wrote that in the "options" page for
default browser, then tried choosing the "HTML handbook" option. Now the
sysinstall successfully managed to install the LYNX package, but if I try to
select any of the options on the next page of sysinstall ("Handbook" or "FAQ"),
I just get an empty LYNX screen which says "unable to connect to host".

Is it just me, or is the FAQ / Handbook missing on the FreeBSD 2.2.5 walnut
creek CD-ROM?
---
   ,.
  o. oooo                      ;                  xcene@c2i.net    .
  ooo  oo  ,oo                 '     http://home.c2i.net/xcene/    :
   ooo o' ooo',oOOOo oo ,oo  ,oOOOo                                |
   `'.oo ooo  oo'^ooo oo^ooo oo'^ooo               Frode E. Moe    |
   .ooo, ooo  oo ,oo' :oo ooo oo ,oo'         xcene / Dance^TPF    |
  oooo,o `ooo `ooo'  . oo. oo.`ooo'  .                             |