Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:12:13 +0200
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>, GB <gbrooks@BLUE-MOUSE.COM>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD PR (long, rambling -- bear with me)

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:02:00PM -0400, Michael Lucas wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 10:59:16PM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> > On 13 Sep 2002 at 20:19, Michael Lucas wrote:
> >
> > > As my Sifu would say: "It is better to build yourself up, than cut
> > > down your opponent."
> >
> > Agree.  An advocate simply does not cut down opponents.  This is
> > something I stressed in my talk to a Linux group:
> >
> >   http://www.freebsddiary.org/talks/oclug/
>
> Nice slides!  So, what would it take to get you to make these slides
> available for general inclusion in the FreeBSD PR repo?

Hi,

Hubert Feyrer of NetBSD fame put together a slideshow that was running on
a demo machine first at the Chemnitzer Linuxtag in Chemnitz, Germany
(NetBSD only) and afterwards at our BSD booth at the Linuxtag in
Karlsruhe, Germany (adapted version to cover all three BSDs).

All in all it was a nice eye-catcher :-)

At the moment, only the NetBSD-only version is available online.  I'll ask
Hubert to put the All-BSD version online as well.

Slideshow preview:
http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~feyrer/NetBSD/clt4-slideshow.gif

Slideshow (using MagicPoint i think)
http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~feyrer/NetBSD/clt4-slideshow.tgz

If there's interest, I could translate the stuff into english and make
a special FreeBSD version.

- Christian

P.S. A Report from the BSD booth at the Linux Kongress in Cologne, Germany
will come in the next few days

--
http://www.unixpages.org			chris@unixpages.org
GPG Pub-Key    : www.unixpages.org/cbrueffer.asc