Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:45:57 +0100
From:      Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
To:        Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No mixer with Snapper

Hi,

On 2/28/09, Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu> wrote:
> After upgrading my kernel to one with the Snapper audio driver integrated,
> there
> is no longer a /dev/mixer, so mixer setting does not work.  I have a DSP
> device,
>    and sound does play, it's just very quiet.  Output from sndstat is:
>
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm: 32bit 2007061600/powerpc)
> Installed devices:
> pcm0: <Apple I2S Audio Controller> at i2s [MPSAFE] (1p:1v/0r:0v channels
> default)
>
> Previously I was using Marco's AOA2 patch, which worked well, and had an
> adjustable mixer.

Hmm... the version of the AOA driver in -current changed the way the
mixer is detected: it now attaches a real I2C device driver to the
mixer device node.

It seems that in this case the device node properties are different to
what the driver knows, so it fails to match.

Could you send the output of the 'i2c' OF device tree? Something like
the following, from FreeBSD -current:

% ofwdump -pr mac-io/i2c

Thanks
Marco