Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 2003 09:31:52 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>, stable@freebsd.org

On Saturday 26 April 2003 07:27, Mike Harding wrote:
> I got some weird mail back, claiming that my e-mail was blocked, w/o
> indicating what server was blocked, after the mail appeared in the
> mailing list.  Is this some BS shakedown?  I use postfix on a DSL line
> forwarding to earthlink, this is hardly something that should be rare
> in the BSD world... the mail appeared to come from a web mail server
> and the first link has the following lovely text:
>
> "If you would like a site be added or removed from BlarsBL, you may
> hire Blars at his normal consulting rates (currently $250/hour, 2 hour
> minimum, $1000 deposit due in advance for non-established customers) to
> investigate your evidence about the site. If it is found that the entry
> was a mistake, no charge will be made and the entire deposit will be
> refunded. Send Blars email from a non-listed account to verify current
> rates and arrange payment."

Did you reply to the list and the jackass who posted to it?  Some moron
has crept into our midst who seems to use about a hundred different RBL
servers.  He even rejects my server at omnis.com who seem to be a
reputable hosting service.  We may have to start collecting information
on people like this with unusably picky mail servers and black list THEM
from our mailing lists, but it will likely force us to block Greg Lehey
too.  ;^)

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes@softweyr.com