Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:30:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rich Wales <richw@webcom.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CD-ROM fails to mount on 4.1-STABLE

Vivek Khera wrote:

	> I updated my 4.1-STABLE yesterday.  Today I tried to
	> read a CD-ROM (the FreeBSD 4.1-R install CD, and also
	> one generic data CD I made a while back that was ok
	> on this system before) and the mount never completes.

What you described sounds exactly like the problem I had yesterday.

Did you update your entire system to 4.1-STABLE, or just the kernel?

If you updated only your kernel, the answer seems to be that you
can't do that.  Update everything, or else don't update anything.

Rich Wales         richw@webcom.com         http://www.webcom.com/richw/