Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:36:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        luoqi@watermarkgroup.com (Luoqi Chen)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My sportster internal modem doesn't work after switched to 2.2-BETA

> After some poking around, I found that the if I sent multiple bytes
> to the modem, some would get lost. So I went to sio.c and changed
> com->tx_fifo_size to 1 from 16, and everything works fine now.
> But I am still wondering if this is a problem with the modem, or with
> the software. It seems that NT is doing the same, sending no more than
> one
> byte at a time. This is not a satisfactory solution, the output FIFO
> is underutilized and CPU is servicing 16 times more interrupts.

Ugh.

You need to look at the -questions archives for this one.  It has
to do with whether or not the UART is broken, and there is a
specific list of "OK" parts which you should look for when you
buy hardware.

Sorry to tell you ythis after you bought hardware...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.