Date:      Sun, 11 May 2008 11:08:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        kde@FreeBSD.org, anray@FreeBSD.org, thierry@FreeBSD.org, koutek@o-k.cz, portmgr@FreeBSD.org, gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: heads up: updating GraphicsMagick

> P.S. Gnome and KDE teams! It seems, your ports require /both/ ImageMagick and
> GraphicsMagick. Considering, that the two packages are two prongs of the same
> fork, you may wish to look into making your stuff use only one of them...

I do know that Krita (part of Kdesktop) will require some minor source
code updates to compile with GraphicsMagick 1.2.  While GraphicsMagick
1.2 is almost entirely API compatible with previous releases, some
long deprecated interfaces were removed and one previously
non-deprecated interface (related to attached 'profiles') was removed
that necessitates that applications depending on that interface make
code modifications.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/