Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:13:31 +0100
From:      ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>
To:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cyrus SASL (1) in base

"Scot W. Hetzel" wrote:

> > The include files for SASL (1) have moved as of
> > cyrus-sasl-1.5.27_5. If you build sendmail with SASL (1)
> > you'll need to change SENDMAIL_CFLAGS.
> >
> > This makes /etc/defaults/make.conf out of date.
> >
> The make.conf file on both -CURRENT & -STABLE were change 2 weeks ago.

That's nice, but my sources are older than two weeks.
I therefore do not have the hint in the updated make.conf.

My buildworld still failed, on sources that compiled
before AND HAVE NOT CHANGED. Hence my annoyance.

Why did it fail? I used portupgrade. Since the sasl headers
have now moved buildworld fails.

* No warning in pkg_message.
* No heads up to stable.
* Nothing in UPDATING - not that I'd have seen this.

My original post was an attempt to save anyone else
from wasting $buildworldtime hours.

> > See also ports/40288
> >
> This PR was commited 2 weeks ago by ume, and all mentioned ports were
> updated.

I know, I just read it. This is a reference; for people who
aren't fsck'in psychic.

Ports, schmorts. The base system is potentially impacted by
this change. A "HEADS UP" would have been nice.

And now there is one :)

> Scot

ian j hart