Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:18:31 -0500
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is FreeBSD going?

Brad Knowles said on Jan  7, 2004 at 12:55:25:
> At 11:13 PM -0500 2004/01/06, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
>
> > So Matt was easy with newbies and aggressive with other developers.
>
> 	There was much more fallout from that than you indicate.  Being
> pissy with other developers meant being pissy in general on the
> -current mailing list,

I follow -current quite a lot, and I only ever saw one example where
he lost his cool.  I don't know about -developers, private mail, etc.

I took the "official" explanation at face value back then.  I no
longer do.  It looks more like he was at the wrong end of a
personality clash.  These things happen and this by itself wouldn't be
so bad, but it comes together with everything else in the past year or
two.

> 	Personally, I would like very much to see Matt return to the
> FreeBSD project

Not likely, he has his own space now which is for the best and his
project looks exciting.  And when he recently commented on -current on
the dynamic /bin issue and gave his ideas on how one can use ipc to
implement nsswitch in static binaries, he got jumped on by Scott Long.

Rahul