Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 1998 14:58:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Fund

On 03-Mar-98 Mikael Karpberg wrote:
> Do you have the means to set a secure-http server with a link from the
> somewhere on www.freebsd.org, and just have a form where you fill in
> a credicard number and an amount, actually get that money into an
> account?

I have at least two servers which are physically as secure as I am.
The link to them is secure too.  Once they hit the Internet ... ?
But the servers are both in my home, so it is as good as it gets.

> What creditcards would you be able to handle?
> VISA is all _I_ need, but... :-)

Vias and MC.  AmEx is too expensive, picky, snooty, and requires their own
clearance center.

> How big/small payments would this have to be for the bank to cash them,
> etc?

Zero and up.  Anything smaller than $2.50 or so is a nag but they are used
to it.

> I mean, if you could actually get something togather that works fairly
> well,
> (and we can trust you :) then I don't think the coreteam would MIND a
> little funds rolling in. ;-)

Now, this is a tough question :-)  Trust is subjective.  The last thing I
have stolen is my wife's heart.  I still have it.