Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:07:41 +0100
From:      Roger Svenning <ros@switch.no>
To:        "'niek@kaidaw.student.utwente.nl'" <niek@kaidaw.student.utwente.nl>
Cc:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SV: Adaptec AHC / Tape drive problems on 4.2-STABLE

> Given this information, my conclusion is that the problem is
> not the tapestreamer or the cable. As far
> as I can see there are three options left: 1. The AHC-driver
> from 4.2-STABLE. 2. The SCSI-card or 3. the
>  narrow-to-wide convertor plug needed to connect the narrow
> external plug of the Adaptec to the wide con
> nector of the cable.
> an anyone -- based on the information -- say anything about
> which of these three options may be the
> cause of the problem?

I do not know wheter this has anything to do with your problem but I had
some trouble getting the aac driver to work with 4.2-STABLE snapshots from
15 - 21'th of feb. The reason for this was some problems with the ahc driver
interfering with the aac driver. This problems in ahc was solved in the
4.2-20010222-STABLE snapshot so you migth want to update and try again.

Roger O. Svenning