Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 11:57:54 -0500
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@northwestern.edu>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Minor issues after upgrade to 4.0-Stable

My upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 was a lot easier than I thought, but now I've got
some minor annoyances that I don't know how to fix.

1. Xfstt (linux) isn't working properly. The binary is running, as shown by
ps, but I have no access to TrueType fonts. All the fonts are on my Windows
partition. It worked fine before, and I haven't changed a thing in the
start-up script or /etc/XF86Config.

2. WindowMaker's wmnet isn't working right. I have wmnet -i tun0 start up
automatically, but it starts up with the ppp0 device. And, none of my
tunneling devices show up if I cycle through all the devices on the wmnet
app. If I type, at the shell, wmnet -i tun0, it'll show up. All the other
devices show up, like faith, etc., too.

3. How do I get the new docs to install? I cvsup'ed the doc-all branch, and
assumed they would be updated automatically. But they weren't. What do I do
to get these updated?

4. /var/cron/log moved to /var/log/cron, so I just did a cp -Rp. Does that
sound OK?

Again, these are minor in the grand scheme of things, but I'd like to get
them fixed.
--
David Kanter
djkanter@northwestern.edu