Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:31:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Mobile list)
Subject:   What sound driver should I use?

	I have an HP Omnibook 7100. I had 3.4 STABLE on this machine, and had
	the sound fucntionality working well. That is I could play CD's WAV
	files, MIDI files, and use the "say" program provided in the rsynth
	package to generate speach.

	Here is the kernel config line that I was using in 3.4 STABLE:

	 device pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10 vector pcmintr

	 I am wondering how to properly configure this in 4.o?

	 Presently I have:

	 options PNPBIOS
	 device pcm
	  This allows me to play CD's, and WAV files. I am not however able to
	  make say work. It doesn't complain. but no sound is generated. Here
	  are my mixer settings:

	  Mixer synth    is currently set to 100:100
	  Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
	  Mixer speaker  is currently set to 100:100
	  Mixer line     is currently set to 100:100
	  Mixer mic      is currently set to 100:100
	  Mixer cd       is currently set to 100:100
	  Mixer mix      is currently set to 100:100
	  Mixer igain    is currently set to 100:100

	  Yhe manual says the following about the hardware:

	  16 Bit SoundBlaster Pro Compatabile
	  SRS3D enhancde Audio
	  South Bridge: PIIX4E
	  Crystal CS4237B with Crystal CS9236 hardware wavetable

	  Sugestions?

	  And Thanks for the help.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955