Date:      Sun, 14 May 2006 02:23:57 GMT
From:      Otto Schulze <otto777@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/97239: make installkermel script and make installworld script is broken for current source code tree 7.0

>Number:         97239
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       make installkermel script and make installworld script is broken for current source code tree 7.0
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
This is a followup to my previous bug report on make buildworld from 6.0 Release to 7.0 Current.

My system failed to boot properly after the build.

It stopped and froze after printing:

Starting sshd.

After approximately 1 hour elapsed, I type a <CTRL-C> and it reported that I had interrupted the script at
/etc/rc.d/sendmail.

It then went on to start the cron, Local Package initialization, Additional TCP options, started default moused, and announced it would begin background filesystem checks in 60 seconds.

The system then printed the date and paused for over 30 seconds and gave the FreeBSD login banner.

However, when I attempted a login, it would not accept my input, because the Console Terminal is frozen.

There is no disk activity going on, and the console refuses to respond to <CTRL-C> to break the frozen condition.

Thank you for resolving the bug.
>How-To-Repeat:
explained above
>Fix: