Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:17:32 +0100 (CET)
From:      Barry Bouwsma <freebsd-misuser@remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk>
To:        usb@freebsd.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: external sound blaster

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 20:10:05 -0800 (PST), David Yeske wrote:

> I would really like to get my external sound blaster working in FreeBSD HEAD.
> Here is a what it looks like when I attach with all the usb debug knobs turned

Can you also turn up uaudio debug a few levels?  That should give
more info...  I'm not positive, but it looks like there are a few
useful things wrapped with a USB_DEBUG alone (just reading source),
are you using a module or is uaudio in the kernel?

> uaudio_add_selector: NOT IMPLEMENTED

Hmmm, this line is missing from the latest NetBSD, must work there...

> Here is the usb_dump output.

Thanks; it's slightly different from mine...  Those alt settings
have me interested.

> This works just fine in NetBSD HEAD

Good to know.  Have you tried it in less-than-HEAD with FreeBSD,
such as -stable or 4.x, to see if the latest commits a few days
ago have broken it?

thanks
barry bouwsma