Date:      Tue, 05 Nov 2013 12:31:12 -0500
From:      Allan Jude <freebsd@allanjude.com>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cron(8) improvement

--UFMEGxmXBne78i1AveQH0hebNca6kwEpV

This came up in discussion on IRC and I thought I should throw it at the
list so I don't forget.

A user was asking how to do what linux cron does, where there is a
directory /etc/cron.d/ that packages and add files to to create crontabs.=

Making FreeBSD's cron (Vixie Cron) include /etc/cron.d/ and
/usr/local/etc/cron.d/ in the /etc/crontab format seems like a very
useful feature, especially for pkg(8) as it makes it easy and safe to
programatically add and remove crontabs as part of a package.

--=20
Allan Jude