Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 17:43:38 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mikael Hybsch <micke@dynas.se>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Beta version of driver for Sony CDU33A cdrom

> I called the file scd.c but when I should add it
> to files.i386 there were already a line for a scd driver at
> i386/isa/scd.c. Is someone else working on a driver for Sony
> or is this for something else?

I believe Andreas was saving a place for the eventual drivers, which
it appears you've got! :-) If he had a driver, he'd have committed it
into /sys/i386/isa by now.  I'm using the existing scd entry for
driver, which means that the major number is going to be 16 [bdev] and
45 [cdev] for yours.

> The SB 16 MCD doesn't use interrupt, so that is left to do (for someone
> else, with a real Sony card).

So you're saying that no IRQ is currently needed?

						Jordan