Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:29:07 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        "David Johnson" <djohnson@acuson.com>
Cc:        <newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: tar and patch - help a newbie  Thanks

Well yes, I got some help and fortunately it wasn't "rocket science" and I
got the commands to work OK. But I will print out and review your post -
Thanks.

I tried being a real "gun slinger" and commenting out devs before I rebuilt
the new kernel - but that backfired and I got some error messages - so I
ended up just adding the device I needed ( pcm0 ) and changing indent field
to a new name ( vs. GENERIC ) and deferred streamlining my kernel to another
time.

And I an getting audio now - so it worked. Just minor stuff to iron out now.
A couple of error messages ect. but I can play audio cds now - excellent.

Lee