Date:      Fri, 03 May 2002 14:25:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        wes@softweyr.com
Cc:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au, grog@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org, dunham@dunham.org, jdunham@m3designinc.com, jdunham@texas.net
Subject:   Re: Ad-Hoc with Windows?

In message: <3CD2E046.B1E0B3D1@softweyr.com>
            Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com> writes:
: Will wicontrol show the firmware revision?  I looked at my card with a
: WinXP system, but couldn't figger out how to get the firmware rev out
: of Windows.  Boo hiss.  I couldn't find it in the ifconfig or wicontrol
: output either.

Yes.  dmesg will show it now, and I'll be adding it to wicontrol in
the merging I'm doing with OpenBSD's code.

: The Lucent site is unhelpful; you can download a firmware updater for
: Windows, but there is little to no helpful information on their support
: site.

Agreed.

: While I have your attention, Warner, do you have support for any 802.11*a*
: cards in -current?  If not, would you like to borrow some for a while?
: We have 5 cards and an AP here, and I might be able to loan you some of
: the equipment for a month or two...

I'd love to have that, but I've been singularly unable to get info out
of manufacturers of said cards.  Any help in this reguard would be
useful.

Warner