Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 09:51:27 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/38537: In installation chapter of the handbook "sysinstall" application name should be always "Sysinstall"

On Sat, 25 May 2002 06:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org> wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR docs/38537; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
> To: Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
> Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: docs/38537: In installation chapter of the handbook "sysinstall" application name should be always "Sysinstall"
> Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 15:28:29 +0200
>
>  On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 09:19:06AM -0400, Randy Pratt wrote:
>  > I would think that if it were a command, it should be shown exactly as it
>  > would be invoked.  Perhaps I'm missing something here.
>  >
>  As i said in my reply to Ceri for docs/38540 (which is about the same
>  problem), when sysinstall is used as a command we have
>  <command>/stand/sysinstall</command>, and as an application most of time
>  we have <application>Sysinstall</application>. We can see the same for
>  many apps: fdisk (FDisk), disklabel...
>
>  What is the best solution/convention?

Ahh.. I do see your point but I can't answer definitively which should be used.
I'll have to leave the decision to the more experienced doc committers.

You are correct in that its used both ways in the handbook/install doc and
should be consistent. I am in the middle of updating the those docs to reflect
the 4.6-RELEASE so I can apply whichever method is decided on.

BTW, good catch.  As many times as I've looked at that document, I never noticed
that.

Thanks!

Randy