Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:07:01 -0800
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>, nakai@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>, sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mono way out of date

* De: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> [ Data: 2002-12-26 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: mono way out of date ]
> On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 14:44, Juli Mallett wrote:
> > I'll maintain it, sure.  0.17 works...  But I want to see the port have
> > 0.18 (not out yet) or possibly a point release off 0.17 when it is next
> > updated as it eliminates a lot of our patches.
>
> I meant I'm not sure if the update I did will work.  I'd like to see the
> explicit link to libc in libgc removed.  That may help things.  Can you
> verify my 0.17 update works?

I'll try to take a look at it later.  You should probably check with Peter
Penchev, as he definitely has something which works.

> I think sobomax might have a vested interest in mono, so I hesitate to
> sign it over just yet.  If he doesn't want, it's yours, Juli.

I was going to say that it was he who had pointed out the actual problems
with Mono to me, but it turns out to have been roam@.  I'm not saying I
demand it or anything, if someone else wants to maintain it, that's fine,
and if they have more experience with ports than I do, then all the better!
But I'm always here to funnel things back into Mono and can extort reasons
for various bits of code from people should they be problematic on FreeBSD.
Right now I think the only change we make that isn't in CVS is the one wrt
config.dist stuff.

Thanx,
juli.
--