Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 2020 15:26:42 -0400
From:      Daryl Richards <daryl@isletech.net>
To:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   zpool status question

Hello list,

I recently needed to add more storage to my pool and to get around the
ashift problem of my old pool I made a new one on new drives and did a
send->receive to copy my data. Everything went fine with the copy, but
now when I do a zpool status, it takes about 15 minutes to show the
status of the new pool. It takes about 5 minutes to show the first line
(name of pool, then top level vdev), and then about 3 minutes per device
after that. (4 drive raidz1). Everything shows ONLINE when done, no
errors or timeouts show up in dmesg, nothing. It just takes a long time
to display status.. Getting status of the other pools (zroot, and old
array) is instantaneous.

I'm just being overly cautious before I export the old array and import
the new one as my main one.. I'm on FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE

Any ideas? Thanks!