Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2001 18:11:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA-PCI bridge cards

I've looked in the archives, and this seems to have been a FAQ in the past
with the answer being "they don't work yet".  I haven't found anything on
the subject since February, so I'm inquiring:

Do PCI PCMCIA adapters work in 4.3?

As far as I can tell, they do not.  My Lucent ORiNOCO/WaveLAN card has the
same symptoms as have been reported previously by others:

wi0: tx buffer allocation failed
wi0: xmit failed
wi0: device timeout

The host card is a "TI PCI-1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge", marketed as the
ORiNOCO PCI adapter by Lucent.  I tried putting the WaveLAN cards on IRQ 5
and IRQ 10.  Neither of these had any other devices using them.

The WaveLAN cards (I tried both of mine) both fine in my laptop.

So I suspect that PCI support is not yet available in stable.  Is it
available in current?

Is there anything a junior kernel hacker can do to try to fix this?

--
Brian Buchanan                                     brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU