Date:      Thu, 27 May 2004 20:07:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Gannater_J=E1nos?= <gannater@freemail.hu>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hyper-threading

Hi,

Thank you for all the answers. I am a newbie to this question.
I usually test the processors with the top  utility but  on
FreeBSD I can't see seperate lines for each CPU. Like on
linux there there is a seperate line for each cpu and it's
usage in the upper screen of top. How can I do this on
FreeBSD? Should I install top from ports? Why isn't this
default like in Linux systems?=20

Thx.

> IIRC you dont see an explicit start for CPU #0 as its the one
> running the boot sequence :)
> You can use systat, top -S, ps -aux or sysctl to check for the
> number of processors. look for the number of idle processes
> in the first three and for either kern.smp.cpus or hw.ncpu
> the sysctl.
>=20
>     Steve
> ----- Original Message -----=20

not working.
> > The dmesg says it has only one CPU and it is #1.
> > In the 4.9 kernel I can see an option for Hyper-threading
> > but I can't see it in the 5.2.1 release.
> > What should I do to make this service work and how can I
> > test it?
>=20
>=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay
(UK) Ltd. and the person or entity to whom it is addressed.
In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited
from using, copying, printing or otherwise disseminating it
or any information contained in it.=20
>=20
> In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete
transmission please telephone (023) 8024 3137